Mueller Associates is Seeking a Manager of Marketing & Business Development
Mueller Associates, a 45-person mechanical/electrical/plumbing engineering design firm based in Linthicum Maryland, seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and motivated individual who can effectively work with our senior management team and build upon and sustain our strong client relationships. The Manager of Marketing and Business Development holds a critical role in our organization and will report to an Officer of the firm.
Mueller has been working with world-renowned museums, esteemed colleges and universities, and Fortune 500 corporate clients throughout the mid-Atlantic states for more than 50 years. Our work includes the design of state-of-the-art controlled environments, complex restorations, sustainable systems, and a host of diverse projects with unique technical challenges.
We offer a collaborative and collegial work environment that embraces the latest in advanced software and engineering practices. Our culture values ingenuity and problem-solving, and, as a result, our portfolio includes repeat work for many of the most respected architects in the U.S., as well as such notable clients as the Smithsonian Institution, the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Georgetown University, Duke University, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and many others.
As a mid-sized firm with a diverse practice, we offer stability and significant opportunities for professional development and career advancement. Our exceptional benefits package includes performance bonuses; 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution; health, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and life insurance; paid time off (PTO) and holidays; and paid memberships in professional and technical organizations. If you would like to learn more about us, please visit our website at www.muellerassoc.com.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or related field of study.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communications, business development, or business sales.
- Exceptional networking and communication skills.
- Excellent graphics and artistic sensibility for graphical content of proposals, website, newsletters, etc.
- Familiarity with typical A/E/C desktop publishing, presentation, and graphics software.
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing submissions.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the A/E/C industry.
- Time management skills and flexibility to balance multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment.
- Active in SMPS or other professional organizations.
- Marketing and business development.
- Establish marketing budgets and track progress toward achieving same.
- Develop and produce all corporate marketing and public relations collateral in collaboration with principals, senior staff, and marketing coordinator.
- Develop marketing plans for our target markets and services per Mueller 2018 Strategic Plan.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with marketing/BD staff of our current clients and identify potential new prospects to support growth.
- Identify and track new projects and continuously monitor job posting sites (e.g. FedBizOpps, eMaryland Marketplace, etc.).
- Participate in Professional Organization/Society meetings/conferences related to our markets (e.g., SCUP, APPA, ERAPPA, IAMFA, MAAM, etc.)
- Represent the firm and attend pre-proposal meetings for new project pursuits.
- Attend conferences of select organizations from our core market segments to promote the firm.
- Maintenance and refreshing of corporate website in collaboration with our third party communications and web development firms.